If you're like many people, then you probably spend the majority of your time when at home in your bedroom. It makes sense since you most likely get anywhere from six to eight hours of sleep every night. Your daylight hours probably consist of a lot of running around outside the house - to and from work, or shuttling your kids around. The bedroom is almost definitely the place where you breathe the most air on any given day. It stands to reason that making the air and the general environment of your bedroom as clean as possible is very important for enhancing and maintaining your overall health.
Ways to Make Your Bedroom As Healthy As Possible
Since your bedroom is such an important place in your life, you should do everything you can to ensure that it's a hospitable environment and that you aren't inadvertently breathing in an excessive amount of air pollution or otherwise compromising your health. Even if you are careful about dusting, sweeping or vacuuming quite regularly, though, your bedroom probably harbors more germs and allergens than you would ever suspect.
- Keep It Simple - If your room is cluttered with a lot of extraneous furniture, remove everything but the essentials: a bed, a nightstand and a dresser. Keep televisions and computers out of your room, as they introduce more chemicals into the airspace.
- Limit Books - While reading is an excellent way to unwind before bed, keeping shelves full of books isn't a good idea. Books can harbor dust mites and other germs. Freeze the books you can't live without before putting them in your room to kill germs and other contaminants.
- Strike a Balance with Plants - Studies have shown that indoor plants help remove certain contaminants from the air. One or two should suffice. Don't turn your bedroom into a humid, damp, germ-harboring jungle.
- Beware of Dry Cleaned Clothes - Dry cleaning uses chemicals that can enter your home and evaporate into the air until you inhale them. When you bring dry cleaned clothing home, let it hang and air out somewhere besides your bedroom or seek out a dry cleaner that uses a green process.
- Remove Your Shoes - Shoes not only track dirt and grime into your bedroom, but they can hold onto pesticides and other contaminants that can compromise your health. Always remove your shoes at the front door. If you absolutely must keep them in your room, let them air out well first.
- Get Rid of That Carpet - If possible, replace carpeting with hardwood or ceramic tile in your bedroom. Carpets are perfect breeding grounds for dust mites and other allergens. No matter how clean you keep it, there's sure to be a host of pollutants just waiting to get airborne and invade your respiratory system.
- Use a HEPA Air Purifier - Out of all of these suggestions, this one is the most important. High quality HEPA air purifiers are by far the best way to ensure clean, healthy, pollutant-free air in the bedroom. When you start using one, you should experience improvement in your quality of sleep.
HEPA Air Purifiers: Ensuring a Healthy Night's Sleep
If you're serious about making your bedroom a safe, healthy place to spend the large amounts of time you spend there, using a HEPA air purifier is essential. HEPA filters remove 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns or larger. They are a powerful force in removing all indoor air contaminants, letting you breathe easier and get a much healthier, beneficial night's sleep. High quality models also include activated carbon filters which go even further by removing VOCs (volatile organic compounds), gases and chemical vapors from the air. Combined with the above suggestions, a HEPA air purifier can act as an unbeatable check against allergen producing air particles. Best of all, purifying the air in your room can help provide you with allergy and sinus relief, as well as a restful, rejuvenating sleep.
Make your bedroom the sanctuary that it should be by purchasing a high quality HEPA air purifier that will truly clean the air in your bedroom. By ordering your HEPA air purifier today, you can make good on the promise that you've made to yourself to stay as healthy as possible.
Clean Air Plus is a veteran and family owned small business. We represent the leading manufacturers in HEPA filtration including Austin Air, IQAir, Amaircare, Oransi and Airpura. Shop online or call one of our friendly experts at 888.247.1147. We'll be happy to help.