Spring is here and as the world comes to life after the long winter something happens. You sneeze! You cough! The trees bud out, flowers bloom, and pollen floats into the air getting into your house, your clothes, and your eyes and before you know it you are in the middle of a full blown allergy attack with no relief in sight.
What to do? You seek over-the counter remedies that offer limited relief. Prescription medications are better but relief still does not come. To make matters worse, the symptoms change with the season. Sometimes you have a runny nose, and itchy eyes. Another time you have post nasal drip with the coughing that goes with it.
How do you stop allergies before you get started? Truthfully, there is no fool proof means of stopping seasonal allergies accompanied by dust, dirt, mold spores and other airborne particles such as pollen, pet dander, or skin flakes. However, there are many preventive methods that can make your environment a healthier, cleaner place to live.
- Seek help from your physician who will be able to recommend a qualified allergy or pulmonary specialist.
- Leave your shoes outside or in the garage. They bring dust and pollen from the outside.
- Try to keep pollen and other particles out of your home if possible. Take care not to leave car windows open when driving.
- Be very meticulous in your personal hygiene. Keep your hair and clothes washed to get rid of pollen and other dust particles you attract.
- Keep the filters in your home clean. Change the filters regularly.
- Never hang your clothes out to dry.
- Use face masks such as those used in hospitals. They will block airborne particles.
- Use medical grade room air purifiers with HEPA filters.
- Wash the bed linens and mattress covers weekly.
- Use a good vacuum cleaner to keep your carpets and rugs clean.
- If possible get rid of carpets and install wood or tile floors in your home.
- Get rid of curtains and drapes and use window coverings not made of cloth or other materials that collect dust.
The use of a medical grade HEPA based air purifier to purify the air in your home will remove all kinds of dust and dirt that pollute your indoor air. The HEPA air filters are made of glass fibers formed densely together in a sealed filter that traps particles inside. These HEPA air filters must remove 99.97% of airborne particles below 0.3 microns. In fact, these particles are so small they cannot be seen by the naked eye. You can purchase HEPA air purifiers and HEPA filtered vacuum cleaners that will help you rid your home of the dust mites, mold spores, pollens, and other household allergens. To prevent your allergies from reacting to these irritants in your home, you must improve the indoor air quality by utilizing the most effective means available.
At Clean Air Plus we sell the most highly recommended air purifiers. All these products come in several models designed to purify the air according to room size. Choose the air purifier that best meets your needs as well as your budget. Choose well for the health of yourself and your family.
Clean Air Plus is a veteran and family owned small business. We represent the leading manufacturers in HEPA filtration including Austin Air, IQAir, Amaircare, Oransi and Airpura. Shop online or call one of our friendly experts at 888.247.1147. We'll be happy to help.