Indoor air that contains contaminants can make you sick, cause allergies, and worsen asthma if you have to breathe it on a daily basis. There are many steps you can take to improve your home’s indoor air quality, including getting an air purifier. Here are the top tips to improve your indoor air quality as well as important information on HEPA air purifiers.
To keep your indoor air clean you should:
- Use a vacuum dust brush attachment to dust instead of a cloth or other type of duster that can spread dust into the air. Dust and dust mites are the leading indoor air contaminants and can cause allergies.
- Use allergen protective covers on your pillows and mattresses to reduce the amount of dust mites and other allergens that accumulate on them.
- Wash bedding in hot water, 120 degrees or above, to make sure you kill dust mites and their eggs. Dust mites can account for 10% or more of the weight of your pillows and bedding so it is important to remove them frequently to cut down on the allergens you sleep with every night.
- Maintaining a cool and dry home will help reduce indoor allergens. Be sure to keep the humidity to less than 50%. If you use a dehumidifier clean it frequently to prevent mold growth.
- Avoid clutter, especially items like stuffed animals because they easily collect dust. You should vacuum stuffed animals and other hard to reach areas including shelves, molding, and behind furniture where dust can accumulate frequently.
An air purifier is a good way to ensure the air in your home is as healthy as possible. While it is impossible to eliminate every allergen particle, there are some very effective air purifiers that remove almost every contaminant in the air.
HEPA filters are great for removing contaminants that cause allergies and asthma. Carbon filters are effective at removing odors in the air from pets or smoking. An air purifier with a HEPA/carbon filter is the best choice for purifying the air in your home. If you are ready to breathe healthy air you should look at the many air purifiers available and choose one that meets your unique needs.
Clean Air Plus is a veteran and family owned small business. We represent the leading manufacturers in HEPA filtration including Austin Air, IQAir, Amaircare, Airpura and Oransi. Shop online or call to speak with one of our friendly experts. We'll be happy to help.