Erik 650A Commercial Grade Air System
How do you build the ultimate air-cleaning machine? It's simple; you combine the best filters with
the best fan and make it in the USA. As allergy and asthma sufferers ourselves, we built the air purifier that we would want to use. Turn your room into a cleanroom! The difference between this purifier and the Erik (Ultra Plus) is that the Erik (650A) air purifier has a pre-filter with a bed of more than 3.5 pounds of our proprietary GAC (granular activated carbon and potassium permanganate) that is effective for a wide range of gases and odors. The filter also has a 2" deep MERV 15 pleated filter to capture small to large particles ensuring the MERV 18 HEPA (99.99%+ at 0.3 micron) main filter has a long life in removing the smallest of particles.
The Best HEPA Filtration
The same filters used in computer clean rooms and hospital operating rooms. Proprietary carbon and potassium permanganate for advanced gas control. Commercial air purifier with Merv 18 HEPA (99.99%+) performance. Main Filter has 4-30 times more filter media so it lasts a lot longer savings you at least $100 per year.
This Erik model air purifier has two filters – a 4” deep GAC impregnated activated carbon/potassium permanganate bed pre-filter and a 12” deep main HEPA filter. Effective for gases for smoke and gas leaks (methane gas, sulfur gases, and many others).
- Pre-filter is 4" deep combination filter with Merv 15 for small to large particulates and more than 3.5 pounds of our proprietary gas filter media that is effective for a wide range of gases and odors.
- HEPA main filter (99.99%+ at 0.3 microns) is 12" deep
- Main filter has 4-39X more filter media - lasts longer and quieter
The main filter is the same industrial filter that is trusted by hospitals and removes much more than any true HEPA filter. Having more filter media means the main filter will last longer (2+ years) and it creates less air resistance. By not having to work as hard the motor can spin at a slower, quieter rate. These are the same filters used in Hospital Operating Rooms, Clean Rooms, the Nuclear Industry, Containment units, Laboratories, and Pharmaceuticals.
Able To Clean The Air In Large Areas
The Erik 650A Air Purifier will effectively clean an area up to 1700 sq. feet. It will effectively remove fine particulates, dust, pollen, mold, pet dander, bacteria and light odors. This will help to relieve the symptoms of allergies and asthma. The powerful Erik 650A Air Purifier is capable of cleaning multiple rooms up to 1700 sq. feet. Place in room where you will spend most of your time, typically a bedroom or living area and let it clean the surrounding area as well.
Fan Motors Using Modern Technology
The Erik Ultra Plus Air Purifier has the best and latest German engineered EC (Electrically Commutated) motor and fan. This combination provides higher airflow while being quieter and using much less power. The EC motor is a much-improved technology over the traditional AC motor that nearly every other air purifier uses.
AC motors use technology that was developed in the 1800’s and use more energy, can have an annoying hum, and are not as reliable. They are common because they are very inexpensive to produce.
EC (Electrically Commutated) motors use electronics to convert the AC voltage to DC to run the motor. EC is the latest technology innovation whereas AC motors use technology from nearly 200 years ago. With an AC motor from China, chances are that the copper was wound by hand and the ball bearings are of low quality making it unreliable. EC motors are DC so they are more efficient and use up to 90% less power and in the long term can provide significant cost savings. Why does the motor/fan start and stop more slowly than an AC motor? EC motors have a soft start programmed into the motor to limit the start-up current the motor draws (there are electronics built into the motor). The ramp down after power is removed is only a function of the inertia of the fan and the friction of the bearing system. A high quality bearing system will take longer to slow down and stop since the friction is minimized (alignment is better, lubricant is better, etc.).
Easy To Use
- Simple controls with variable speed knob to dial in the exact air flow.
- No complicated user interface
- No distracting lights to keep you up at night
- Easy filter access
- Don't need a manual to operate the unit.
- Casters make it easy to push around. This unit has carrying handles.
- Room Coverage: Most sized rooms up to 1,700 sq feet (based on 2 air changes/hour)
- Max Air Flow (cfm): 413 CADR
- Main Filter life: 30+ months (continuous operation)
- Main Filter Rating: MERV18 (99.99%+ at 0.3 microns). 75 sq ft filter material
- Pre-Filter Life: 8-12 months
- Pre-Filter Rating: MERV15 (85%+ at 0.3 microns). 45 sq ft filter material
- Lab tested to remove 99.996% at 0.3 microns. Meets the single pass standards of 99.99% efficiency in the removal of PM2.5. Test Standard: PM2.5 tested per ISO 11155-1 standard.
- Fan speeds: Variable
- Dimensions: 25.5" x 12.75" x 26"
- Housing weight: 48 lbs
- Pre-filter weight: 5 lbs
- Main filter weight: 10 lbs
- Total weight: 63 lbs
- Total shipping weight: 75 lbs
- Warranty: 10 years (we will replace the purifier if there are any mechanical or electrical issues during the warranty period)
- Certifications: UL
- Neoprene Seal around main filter prevents air leakage
- Filter Replacement Indicator for Each Filter (alert to check the filters)
- Air Purifier Comes With All Filters Shown: (Pre-filter, Main Filter)
- Erik Air Purifier
- Carbon Pre-Filter
- Main Filter
- User's Manual
We Also Recommend